[sane-devel] scanimage fails to scan 16 bit gray image from epson 2450

14 Aug 2002 12:02:48 +0100

On Sat, 2002-07-27 at 21:31, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 03:28:23PM +0100, rob wrote:
> > I am using a little endian machine so this might well be it but I'm
> > going away for a long weekend now so I wont be able to try CVS untill I
> > get back (probably wendesday).
>
> OK. Bye the way, could you please give us some details about your
> little endian machine? So we can update our supported platforms page
> at http://www.mostang.com/sane/sane-support.html . Currently Linux is
> only listed for ix86.
>
> I guess shared libs work? As you run xsane I guess xscanimage should
> also work.

Sorry I was away for longer than I thought.
The good news is that useing CVS (as of today) scanning at 16 bit works
with both pnm and tiff.

However all the images I scan with CVS version have the bottom 10th of
the image wrapped around to the top :(

Here is an example

http://www.robsroom.fsnet.co.uk/temp/anotherBWtest09.jpeg

This is on linux on an ix86. I thought the intel processors were little
endian sorry if I'm wrong and caused confusion.

thanks

--

rob