[sane-devel] SANE installed, scanimage --list-devices returns no result

Fri, 16 Aug 2002 17:36:55 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 16, 2002 at 05:54:30PM +1000, Shaun Johnston wrote:
> Hi...I don't want to be a pest, but am I missing something here?

You have a CanoScan N640p? So that's the canon_pp backend. Have a look
at man sane-canon_pp and check if you need to adjust canon_pp.conf.
Enable canon_pp in dll.conf.

> scanimage --list-devices basically sits for quite a while (have tried waiting
> in excess of 10 minutes) until I kill it, and returns no result.

Some general tips: To be sure that no other backend block scanimage,
disable (comment out) everything but canon_pp in dll.conf.

To find out what's going on you can set the environment variable
SANE_DEBUG_CANON_PP:

SANE_DEBUG_CANON_PP=255 scanimage -L

The maintainer of this backend is Matthew Duggan
<stauff1@users.sourceforge.net>, he may have some more detailed
comments.