[sane-devel] New Epson Scanners

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 20:05:56 -0400

--rwEMma7ioTxnRzrJ

YOu can try to get some debugging output:

export SANE_DEBUG_EPSON=3D128

Then run your frontend and redirect the output:
xsane > /tmp/scan.log 2>&1

This should tell us if the scanner does actually communicate with
the backend.=20

BTW: the desc files in doc/description are only used to generate
the "Supported Scanners" page at www.mostang.com.

Karl Heinz

On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 02:02:09AM +0200, Till Kamppeter wrote:
> When I use the "epson" backend for the Perfection 660, after some=20
> minutes of waiting I get
>=20
>    [ epson ] error in receive - status =3D 5
>    [ epson ] ident failed
>=20
> on the console from which I have started "xsane".
>=20
> I have already added the new models to doc/description/epson.desc and=20
> recompiled sane-backends. Are other modifications needed?
>=20
>    Till
>=20
>=20
> Karl Heinz Kremer wrote:
> >On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 10:56:01PM +0200, Till Kamppeter wrote:
> >
> >>Has anyone any idea how to get the Perfection 660 working? Does it need=
=20
> >>any parameters in /etc/sane.d/epson.conf? Is it a relabeled scanner for=
m=20
> >>another manufacturer, so that it scans with another driver? Or is it an=
=20
> >>absolute "Paperweight", a "winscanner".
> >

> >Try the Plustek backend. It is based on the Perfection 1250, which also
> >is supported by the Plustek backend.
> >
> >Karl Heinz
> >
>=20
>=20