[sane-devel] Color profiles with SANE?

Tue, 20 Aug 2002 17:18:44 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 04:16:48AM +0000, Rene Bartsch wrote:
> I'm using sane in the network and I don't want to work with
> color-profiles at every client in every CAD/photo-software.
>
> So I'd like to know if it is possible to put one color-profile into the
> SANE backend/server ...

With "color-profile" you mean the gamma curves? They are usually set
by the frontend and not saved by the backend so I don't think it's
possible. E.g. XSane saves all its per-scanner option values in
~/.sane/xsane/manufacturer:product.drc . So basically you could share
this file with NFS. But I don't know what happens if two clients use
it simultaneously...

Maybe the frontend authors can give some more comments on this issue.