[sane-devel] ANNOUNCEMENT: dust removal: please test

Hubert Figuiere hfiguiere@teaser.fr
21 Aug 2002 20:25:41 +0200

--=-2w1IS5dihQU7yqXVnwF+

On mar, 2002-08-20 at 23:59, Major A wrote:
>=20
> Hi all,
>=20
> I'm proud to make available the first testing version of a
> dust-removal facility for film scanners with IR readout. Currently it
> is a stand-alone tool, but the actual algorithm is implemented in a
> sanei library. The algorithm is so simple I can't think of a good
> reason why I didn't come up with it earlier.

It was around for at least a couple of year, but the Gimp plugin is a
PITA to use, and not ported to Gimp1.2 (unless you use the patch I
recently sent to the maitainer).

   http://andreas.rick.free.fr/

But the program is also unmaintained for at least a couple of years :-(

> To get it, check out the latest CVS of the coolscan2 project on
> sourceforge.net (http://coolscan2.sourceforge.net/). Then use the
> program "duster" in the following way:

Will try it. Sure.
The old dust remove plugin did save a couple of scratched slides.

BTW, this won't work with B&W negatives and Kodachrome slides dut to the
nature of the film dye that contains to much silver oxids particle
unlike C41 or E6 process films. This is not a problem with the software,
but with the hardware (look at the IR scan).

Hub
--=20
Job-less AbiWord hacker. - http://www.teaser.fr/~hfiguiere/
Cell phone: +33 6 18 01 42 11
GPG fingerprint: 6C44 DB3E 0BF3 EAF5 B433  239A 5FEE 05E6 A56E 15A3

--=-2w1IS5dihQU7yqXVnwF+

--=-2w1IS5dihQU7yqXVnwF+--