[sane-devel] New Epson Scanners

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmx.net
Tue Aug 20 02:07:58 BST 2002

Here is the contents of "scan.log":

[sanei_debug] Setting debug level of epson to 128.
[epson] sane_init: sane-backends 1.0.8
[epson] sane_init, >usb /dev/usb/scanner0<
[epson] sane_init, >usb /dev/usb/scanner0<
[epson] attach(usb /dev/usb/scanner0)
[epson] SANE Epson Backend v0.2.21 - 2002-04-22
[epson] attach(usb /dev/usb/scanner0)
[epson] attach: opening usb /dev/usb/scanner0
[epson] send buf, size = 2
[epson] buf[0] 1b .
[epson] buf[1] 40 @
[epson] error in receive - status = 5
[epson] receive buf, expected = 1, got = -1
[epson] get_identity_information()
[epson] send buf, size = 2
[epson] buf[0] 1b .
[epson] buf[1] 49 I
[epson] ident failed
[epson] sane_get_devices()

It took around five minutes until it came out, but than all came out at
once. Then, perhaps 10 seconds later xsane showed the window telling
that it didn't find any device.

My /etc/sane.d/dll.conf contains only

net
epson