[sane-devel] Working problems

Karl F. Larsen k5di@zianet.com
Sun, 1 Dec 2002 14:32:51 -0700 (MST)

	Now that Gnucash 1.6.6 is working I have questions on how it is
working.

	Having a problem with the Account "credit-card". It's an official
Credit card account but when I enter an expense the darn thing wants me to
tranfer it somewhere. I guess I transfer it to Expense but it's not at all
clear to me. But I will be transfering the total for this month from the
Bank to credit-card and that should zero it out again.

	The others seem to be pretty simple. I'm learning how to catch the
darn Transfer before the stupid panel comes up and MAKES me send the
transfer to Imbalance-USD. Is there a way to tell the system to ALWAYS
transfer the amount to a liability account? I think someone said after time
the system will learn that when I enter Wal it will fill in Mart and
transfer the amount to the usual place. Hope that works because otherwise
this version of Gnucash is a pain to use.

	In my business (pipe jacking) we handle about 650 million a year and
I have 2 college trained accountants that keep the double entry books. The
Income Tax people insist that we do this. These books are now a computer
program that is quite expensive as I recall. The fail-safe computer system
was also expensive. And it all came out of my earnings.

	My asset account shows since I transfered it to the bank a negative
number. Is that correct?