[sane-devel] small configure - problems on OS/2

Franz Bakan Franz Bakan" <fbakan@gmx.net
Tue, 03 Dec 2002 01:03:22 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

since updating autoconf to 2.5x I now don't need
the os2unix.cmd helper application no more :-)

sh configure --enable-translations

now works 'out of the box'

but there remain some problems:

1. configure now needs much more time
  Not a real problem and probably nothing that can be done.

2. after sh configure has finished I now have 264 sh-thd-??????? files.
   Also not a real problem. But does someone know how to turn
   this 'feature' off?

3. And now the real problem.
   configure does not find the gettext-binaries.

result from config.log:
--- cut ---
configure.:11942: checking for msgfmt
configure.:11973: result: no
configure.:11982: checking for xgettext
configure.:12013: result: no
configure.:12022: checking for msgmerge
configure.:12053: result: no
configure.:12062: checking for msgcat
configure.:12093: result: no

I do have all these programs (with the suffix '.exe' of course)
in my path. And when I manually change the entries in
po/Makefile from 'no' to 'msgfmt' and so on
I get the .mo's built even after the latest UTF-8 changes.

Anything that can be done?

Is there any switch to turn on 'debugging-output' for
sh configure?

Tschau,
Franz