[sane-devel] edited /etc/sane.d/dll.conf, what next?

Mertens Bram bram-mertens@linux.be
03 Dec 2002 11:54:55 +0100

On Mon, 2002-12-02 at 22:05, Jochen Eisinger wrote:
> that's a working configuration for me:
>
> option io-mode alt_lock
> option niceload
> port 0x378
> option use600
> option strip-height 16
> option wait-bank 700
> option wait-lamp 15

This is the configuration I had: [with all comments stripped]
[M8ram@localhost M8ram]$ cat /etc/sane.d/dll.conf
mustek_pp

[M8ram@localhost M8ram]$ cat /etc/sane.d/mustek_pp.conf
option io-mode alt_lock
option niceload
port 0x378
 # Medion MD9848 (aka Aldi-Scanner)
name MD9848
vendor Medion
option wait-bank 250
option strip-height 16
option buffer 122400
option use600

Your configuration is resulting again in the completely black image.
Just to make sure:
* I don't have to restart anything after editing these files do I?
(I started xsane after using vi to edit /etc/sane.d/mustek_pp.conf)

* I don't have to enable any more modules in /etc/sane.d/dll.conf like
mustek to get this working do I?

* Something I haven't mentioned before because I can't see how this
would affect anything is that the scanner is attached to a "switchbox"
(a little box that allows more parallel devices to be attached to a
single parallel port.)  If the switch is in the wrong position scanimage
can't detect the scanner, but the switch is in the correct position.

Any other suggestions?

TIA
--
 #  Mertens Bram "M8ram" <bram-mertens@linux.be>   Linux User #249103  #
 #  Red Hat Linux 7.3  KDE 3.0.0-10  kernel 2.4.18-3  i686  128MB RAM  #