[sane-devel] small configure - problems on OS/2

Wed, 4 Dec 2002 18:59:24 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 01:03:22AM +0100, Franz Bakan wrote:
> since updating autoconf to 2.5x I now don't need
> the os2unix.cmd helper application no more :-)

Can we remove the configure.os2 script?

> 1. configure now needs much more time
>   Not a real problem and probably nothing that can be done.

I think that's because now it tries to compile all headers and not
only use the preprocessor to search them.

> 3. And now the real problem.
>    configure does not find the gettext-binaries.

Try the latest CVS. I've added host detection macros and search for
msgfmt$EXEEXT now.

I've also changed some other OS/2 related macros so tell me, if
something doesn't work any longer.

Bye the way: do the binaries have the correct .exe extension?
Otherwise I guess some Makefile work will be necessary.