[sane-devel] SANE V2

Martin Kho mkho@xs4all.nl
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 01:11:06 +0100

[cut]

> 6) Configuration files
> Agree a format for a standard /etc/sane.conf file.
> Could by commandline option use other path, etc.
>
> Backends need at least a method to derive the name of the device as used
> by the operating system but could benefit from some configuration
> information, calibration settings etc.
>
> My preferred format is somewhat like Windows ini files.

[cut]

Hi,

Well, a standard format suggest that all people think the same way. That's
not true and that's exactly why I dislike Windows. The pluriformity of
Unix/Linux with all their different configs keeps me in touch with what I'm
doing. I don't want to be a dumbo, who follows Bill's wishes.

By the way I'm only interested in the stuff that gets my scanner working, so
I don't want to be bored by parameters used in other backends.

Bye

Martin