[sane-devel] Experiences with Tekram DC315U ?

Julien BLACHE jb@jblache.org
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 11:32:21 +0100

Henning Meier-Geinitz <henning@meier-geinitz.de> wrote:

Hi,

>> My previous experiences with this is that all I can expect from this
>> setup is a couple of kernel oopses followed by a panic() and
>> filesystem corruption as a result, which is kind of counterproductive
>> :-/
>
> I'm using the DC315U with my CD writer. No problems at all. I've also
> used it with some Mustek SCSI scanners for testing and don't remember
> any problems.

So there is a chance I'll get this to work some day :)

> Do you use the dc395x_trm.c kernel patch from Kurt Garloff or is there
> support for this SCSI adapter in newer Linux kernels?

I use the patch from Kurt Garloff, version 1.41 with old error
handling, built as a module for a vanilla 2.4.20.

Although this time I didn't get any oopses or panic(), I still get
error messages about SRB abort. With previous versions of SANE I used
to get this message at the second scan, then scanimage got stuck and I
could just reboot the machine. (see below)

Now I can perform several scans in a row without problems, however
after a few minutes of inactivity, the same problem occurs.

It seems to be the scanner that goes to sleep or something like
this. Firmware is version 3.11 on the scanner, I could update it
provided there is a windows NT 4 driver, because that's the only
windows box I can get to... But the latest driver version for this
scanner is ScanWizard 2.54 and I remember I installed this version
years ago.

Error messages :
DC395x: Target 06: No sync transfers
DC395x_DoingSRB_Done: blablabla...

Seems like the driver cannot achieve a bus reset, but I'm absolutely
no SCSI expert :/ The scanner is id 6 on the bus, and is the only
device attached to the adapter.

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>