[sane-devel] bug in test backend

Wed, 18 Dec 2002 12:26:57 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 12:27:06AM +0100, Oliver Rauch wrote:
> I found a little bug in the test backend while doing some tests with xsane
> batch scan mode.
[...]
> But the test backend does not reset the SCANNING flag and
> returns sane_start with an error.

You are right, that will be fixed.

> It also does make sense to allow sane_control_option etc
> after EOF although that is not explictly shown in the code flow example.

If I understand the code flow correctly, sane_cancel must be called if
anything but sane_start, sane_read, or sane_get_parameters should be
called.

Have I said before that I don't like the double meaning of
sane_cancel ("stop current action" + "this was the last scan in a
series")? :-)

The frame is over after EOF. So why do we need sane_cancel here in
normal operation?