[sane-devel] All sane frontends segfault with my HP 5200C

Ben Finney bignose@zip.com.au
Sun, 3 Feb 2002 11:26:43 +1100

On Sat, Feb 02, 2002 at 09:18:20AM +0100, Peter Kirchgessner wrote:
> Ben Finney wrote:
> >I get a segmentation fault no matter what sane frontend I try.  Here
> >is the output of an strace on sane-find-scanner:
>
> there is something wrong with the device /dev/scanner. This should
> only be used for SCSI-scanners. If this is a link to your USB-device,
> remove the link.

Hmm.  This seems like something that should be checked by the program,
not merely assumed and left to segfault later.  Where should I report
this bug?

It's also rather counter-intuitive; it's my primary scanner device, so
having a '/dev/scanner' symlink is a logical policy, and not something
that should create assumptions about which bus it is connected to.

> You can try to start xscanimage like this:
> xscanimage hp:/dev/usb/scanner0

Thanks, this works great.

--
 \        "My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. |
  `\            Unless there are three other people."  -- Orson Welles |