[sane-devel] WinFax Scanner

Brad Andersen brad_s_andersen@hotmail.com
Sat, 02 Feb 2002 22:52:59 -0500

Hello,

  I have a Delrina/Symantec WinFax Scanner that is absolutely the best
sheetfed scanner I've ever used and they sent it to me for free when I
bought WinFax Pro 7.x about 5-6 years ago.  It is a parallel port based
scanner, but they stopped updating the drivers after Windows 95/98.  The FCC
ID leads to Avision Inc. and it is labeled Fujitsu.  I would love to get
this thing working without having to have a Windows 98 partition.
  I've sent an email to Symantec asking them to release the source code for
the drivers under GPL to the SANE project, but I don't know how far we will
get.
  Does anybody know of a newer, inexpensive scanner that can act like a fax
machine with a stationary scanner that feeds the paper over the sensor?  It
enables you to scan any length document and it is great.  About the only
place to find this in an expensive multi-purpose fax/printer/scanner or the
Visioneer which is only one page at a time.

Thanks,
Brad