[sane-devel] Avision 630CS wird nicht mehr gefunden ?

Rene Rebe rene.rebe@gmx.net
Mon, 04 Feb 2002 18:32:55 +0100 (CET)

Hi.

On: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 18:17:14 +0100,
    Marcus Menzel <flareload@web.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to this list and if there is a information source I could have looked
> up - let me know :) I tried the webpage and the archive.
>
> My problem started one week ago, as I turned one the maschine and sane
> couldn't find my scanner. It worked on this Maschine with the same setting
> more than 6 months without any problems. I installed a newer version of sane
> (1.0.6), but this didn't fixed the problem.

So your scanner stopped working from one day to the other? This is not
a SANE problem but maybe related to a devfsd, kernel ... update?

The Avision code in SANE did not changed for the last year. New code
will be in 1.0.7 - so it is also not a "the developer (I ;-) added
s.th. that doesn't work for you" problem ;-)

> May someone one this list can help me to bring the scanner back online.
>
> The scanner is working under windows, so it isn't broken and the scsi system
> looks ok to me, the only thing are the rights on the links to the scsi
> devices, but that didn't changed (I guess).

We will see ;-)

> Ciao,
> 	Marcus
>

> P.S:
> The things I checked:
> cat /proc/scsi/scsi
> Attached devices:
> Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
>   Vendor: SEAGATE  Model: ST39173W         Rev: 6244
>   Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 02
> Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 03 Lun: 00
>   Vendor: Traxdata Model: CDR4120          Rev: 5.0Q
>   Type:   CD-ROM                           ANSI SCSI revision: 02
> Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 04 Lun: 00
>   Vendor: IBM      Model: DDRS-39130D      Rev: DC1B
>   Type:   Direct-Access                    ANSI SCSI revision: 02
> Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 06 Lun: 00
>   Vendor: AVISION  Model: AV630CS          Rev: 1.20
>   Type:   Scanner                          ANSI SCSI revision: 02
ok. scanner is found ...
> cat /proc/scsi/aic7xxx/0
> Adaptec AIC7xxx driver version: 6.2.1
> aic7880: Ultra Wide Channel A, SCSI Id=7, 16/255 SCBs
> Channel A Target 6 Negotiation Settings
>         User: 10.000MB/s transfers (10.000MHz, offset 255)
>         Goal: 3.300MB/s transfers
>         Curr: 3.300MB/s transfers
>         Channel A Target 6 Lun 0 Settings
>                 Commands Queued 1
>                 Commands Active 0
>                 Command Openings 1
>                 Max Tagged Openings 0
>                 Device Queue Frozen Count 0
unimportant ;-)
> ls -la /dev/sg*
> lr-xr-xr-x    1 root     root           36 Feb  4 17:36 sg0 ->
> scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/generic
> lr-xr-xr-x    1 root     root           36 Feb  4 17:36 sg1 ->
> scsi/host0/bus0/target3/lun0/generic
> lr-xr-xr-x    1 root     root           36 Feb  4 17:36 sg2 ->
> scsi/host0/bus0/target4/lun0/generic
> lr-xr-xr-x    1 root     root           36 Feb  4 17:36 sg4 ->
> scsi/host0/bus0/target6/lun0/generic
> lr-xr-xr-x    1 root     root           36 Feb  4 17:36 sgd ->
> scsi/host0/bus0/target6/lun0/generic
Oh! You are running devfs ;-) nice.
> xscanimage avision:/dev/scsi/host0/bus0/target6/lun0/generic
> brings up a failed to open /dev/.../generic (or /dev/scanner or ...) invalid
> argument
Do you do this as root or normal user? - You do not have the right
permissions to do this as user ...
> sane-find-scanner couldn't find anything
As normal user? Beeing root this shold list more for your system.

Coud you also run:
export SANE_DEBUG_AVISION=5
scanimage -L

Which should give me info about the stuff my avision backend is
doing ...

> cat /etc/sane.d/saned.conf
> localhost
> cat /etc/sane.d/avision.conf
> scsi AVISION
> /dev/scanner
> System:
> -Mandrake 8.1 (original mandrake kernel 2.4.8-26mdksmp)

Uhhhh. Is there is s.th. better to use;-)

> rpm -qa|grep sane
> libsane1-devel-1.0.6-2mdk
> sane-frontends-1.0.6-1mdk
> sane-backends-1.0.6-2mdk
> xsane-gimp-0.84-2mdk
> xsane-0.84-2mdk
> libsane1-1.0.6-2mdk

You can also reply  in german to my private address if this is eadier
for you ;-)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
  René Rebe

--