[sane-devel] usb scanner

Bob Young polaris9@mochamail.com
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 14:59:52 -0500

Does anyone on this list use a USB scanner successfully with Linux?
I am still struggling to get mine working with an unofficial SANE patch.
I know I can't expect to get specific help with this particular scanner,
but I have no experience with any scanner usage under Linux, and would
really appreciate any general advice, hints or tips on getting scanimage
to at least recognize the fact that I do have a working USB scanner
connected to my machine.

For the record: scanner is Visioneer 6100; kernel is 2.4.17, with patches
to scanner.c and scanner.h; backend is viceo, built from patched SANE
1.0.5.  Patches downloaded from -
http://website.lineone.net/~dvnix/scanner/download.html

Bob Young