[sane-devel] saned, dhcp and /etc/hosts

Sunil William Savkar savkar@inthespace.com
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 12:13:15 -0500 (EST)

Is there anyway around the "bug"/"glitch" in which saned does not appear to
allow hosts to connect unless the host is in /etc/hosts of the linux
machine?

This is very disturbing.  I have sane running with my HP scanjet on the
linux box, with saned up and running.

If I try to connect from a win32 machine which gets its IP through DHCP, I
get a rejection from saned with teh error that savkar@(none) is rejected.

I haev already edited saned.d and put a "+" so that all hosts SHOULD be
accepted.

What is going on?  The only way to fix this is to finally set up /etc/hosts
to point to the win32 machine, except this only works until the win32
machine gets a different IP.

Sunil