[sane-devel] Gcc 3.0.x

Sat, 9 Feb 2002 11:39:36 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 11:44:15PM +0100, Willy Gardiol wrote:
> I am using GCC 3.0.2 on my systems (they are completely built on that
> compiler) so i am also using SANE (1.0.6) with gcc 3.0.2 and it works
> perferctly (also xsane).

Thanks for your report.

> So, why there is written gcc 2.95.3 and not 3.0.2 supported under "supported
> platforms"?

It's version 2.95.4 :-)

The reason is simple: We just use the version the user (in this case
me) reported. This doesn't mean that newer or older versions don't
work. It's just a configuration that is known to work. Other
configurations may also work.

The same is true for the kernel versions. "NetBSD ix86 1.5.1" doesn't
mean that 1.5.0 or 1.5.2 (if it exists) aren't supported.

We could add another line for each version of the compiler and each
version of the operating system but I don't think that this makes sense.
We have multiple lines if it's a completely different compiler or if the
results are different.