[sane-devel] make load plustek 4800P

Jaeger, Gerhard g.jaeger@earthling.net
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 19:33:57 +0100

Hard to say why it's not loaded! Normally the driver is able to
detect the scanner and the stays loaded. In your case, the device
seems to be not detected...
Please enable the debug messages by recompiling the driver
with:
make clean all DEBUG=y

Then reload and send us the ouput of dmesg...
It might be a problem of the IEEE1248 settings in the kernels parport
configuration, it's autodetection sometimes confuses the ASICs inside
the older Plustek devices...

Gerhard