[sane-devel] Multiple choice tests

Freddy F Flores ffscanner@hotmail.com
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 19:59:22 +0000

Hi, there you all.

I must first apologize for my request. I know it'll sound simple but I'm a
newcomer to Linux and Scanners.
I work for a language institute and we must set up a solution to "read"
multiple choice tests through a scanner to a adatabase and compare to the
Correct Answer Table. Then print oput the scores.

I need help, to select the proper hardware and software, to begin with:

- It must be a scanner with an automatic feed tray.
- As fast as possible, but not that expensive.
- And last: I wonder if it's easier to read through an OCR software so that
I compare more easily with the answers. I mean, If the possible answers are
(A) (B) (C), separated by some space and all letters surrounded in a circle.
If the students selects (B) I should get, for question 23, something like
this:

23  (A) (#) (C)

That is, the letter not readable is the answer selected.

If I got the page as an image, I would have to check for x,y coordinates.

Please help, and thank you all.