[sane-devel] sane-config --cflags output

Tue, 12 Feb 2002 17:46:53 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 10:55:18PM +0000, Tim Waugh wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 08:47:56PM +0100, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
>
> > What is the problem with explicitely mentioning "/usr/include"? Does
> > it break anything or makes it much slower?
>
> The specific problem is that newer GCCs will emit a warning, like
> this:
>
> cc1: warning: changing search order for system directory "/usr/include"
> cc1: warning:   as it has already been specified as a non-system directory
>
> In some cases this can break configure scripts, unfortunately.

Thanks. I have commited your patch to CVS. If there is really a system
out there that doesn't include /usr/include by default it's up to the
admin who decides to use --prefix=/usr to add appropriate CFLAGS.

I have also slightly modified the lines below this check. If I
understaood the code correctly, it should avoid adding CFLAGS that are
already included by -I{includedir}. But the old test wouldn't work if
I haven't overlooked something. Can someone have a look at this?