[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 1650

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 16:58:19 -0500

--zhXaljGHf11kAtnf

This shows that the problems some people are having with this scanner are
not related to the backend. It's more likely the combination of USB interfa=
ce,
scanner and USB driver that causes these problems.

To answer your question about the scanner capabilities: You can use 48bit c=
olor,
the backend however calls this 16bit (this is per color channel, so with RGB
you end up with 3*16 bits). I don't have a 1650, but from the command set a=
nd
the debug output I've seen, you should also be able to select up to 3200dpi=
 -
not that this would give you better scans, but you should be able to select
it.=20

Karl Heinz