[sane-devel] Multi-page tiff scans... not ADF based...

Wed, 13 Feb 2002 20:07:23 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 08:23:03AM -0500, Sunil William Savkar wrote:
> However, one thing I miss that the native front end written by microSuck
> had was the ability to scan multiple pages and generate in one set of
> scannings a multi-page tiff.
>
> I could do this manually by scanning in each page and then with all the
> resulting files create the multi-page, but this is a bit laborious.

I'm not sure if XSane can do this "all-in-one". But you know that you
can use the ADF automatically with XSane: once press "start" and it
scans until the tray is empty? At least this works for me. There is an
option in the enhancement section to select which mode is ADF.

If you use "Save mode" and file name patterns like page-0001.tiff and
put the files into one directory you should be able to convert them to
multipage tiff with convert (from ImageMagick) by something like this:
convert page-*.tiff complete.tiff (untested).

So it's only two commands: xasne and convert.