[sane-devel] HP scanjet 7400c

Rene Rebe rene.rebe@gmx.net
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 20:32:52 +0100 (CET)

On: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 20:16:13 +0100,
    Henning Meier-Geinitz <henning@meier-geinitz.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 02:26:08PM +0100, Simone wrote:
> > I've got an HP scanjet 7400c, which happend to be unsupported by sane. Anyway I
> > would like to  install it and use it with sane. Somebody has ever tried?
> > Suggestions? I am ready to try some patches but I need some help and support.
> > I already wrote to HP asking for helping the sane project, but I got no answer.

The HP 7400 is an Avision OEM scanner labeled by HP.

This is the Avision backend page:

> Do you know the following page?
> http://drocklinux.dyndns.org/rene/avision/index.html
> Maybe also http://httpd.chello.nl/~j.schoone/scanning.html helps?

> At least the SCSI over USB module seems to work :-)

The HP 5300 does now work with SANE/Avision, too. I still try to track
problems with the HP 5370 and HP 7400 ...

You can try the lastest code from:
http://www.rocklinux.org/people/rene/sane/ (There is also a link on
the main backend page mentioned above ...)

You get debugging output via executing:
export SANE_DEBUG_AVISION=5

and then running a SANE application.

Scanned images, and debugging output welcome (to my private address
...).

> Bye,
>   Henning

k33p h4ck1n6