[sane-devel] Proposal: Addition to SANE standard (vendor and scanner type strings)

Max Ushakov ushakov@mccme.ru
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 15:46:48 +0300

Hi,

Just my 2 cents...

On Fri, Feb 15, 2002 at 11:27:07PM +0100, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this is a proposal for updating section 4.2.8 ("Device Descriptor
> Type") of the SANE starndard (see
> http://www.mostang.com/sane/html/doc011.html).

[...]

> >From a grep through the sources I found the following additional
> vendor strings which I would like to add:
>
> Abaton
> Apple
> CANON
> Fujitsu
> IBM
> NEC
> Plustek
> Polaroid
> Ricoh and RICOH (which one should be used?)
> Sharp and SHARP (which one should be used?)
> Siemens
> Tamarack
> V4L (really a vendor? shouldn't this be Noname?)

Acer (SCSI Vendor string for the  ScanWit  is  for  some  reason
Color) -- both or one of the strings should be made well-known I
think?

--Max Ushakov.