[sane-devel] FW: Sus3 7.3, Sane 1.05, HP5300C

Art Fore art_fore@3mts.com
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 01:54:52 -0800

I have gone through the whole exercise again, still no results except that
now the cat /dev/scsi/scsi does not work. When from bad to worse.

Does anyone have a howto to install this scanner in Suse 7.3, 2.4.17 kernel,
1.05 sane drivers?

Or, what about the 1.06 sane drivers, I installed them but then
sane-find-scanner and scanimage don't work at all, command not found, so
went back to 1.05.

Scanner shows up under scsi in yast2 hardware, lsmod shows scanner unused,
so I am confused.

Art

-----Original Message-----
From: Art Fore [mailto:art_fore@3mts.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2002 10:45 AM
To: sane-devel@www.mostang.com
Subject: Sus3 7.3, Sane 1.05, HP5300C

I have tried everthing that I could find but have no success. Have
configured scanner in Yast2 with Avision. Here is what I get

sane-find-scanner
found scanner "HP ScanJet 5300C 4.00" at /dev/sg1

scanimage -L results in no scanners were identified.

I edited the dll.conf and removed the # from the avision.

Still nothing.

I unistalled sane 1.05 and installed 1.06 backend and frontend, but then
sane-find-scanner and scanimage comes up with command not found, so I
uninstalled and reinstalled the 1.05 from the Suse CD.

Still nothing, other than the /dev/sg0 changed to /dev/sg1. Generic scsi is
compiled in kernel, HP53xx USB is compled as module. Had it the other way
around, but there was no change.

Did not try the patch as it seemed to be for 1.04 and I am running 1.05 and
figured it would screw something up more than it already is.

Would appreciate any help.

Art