[sane-devel] 'scanimage -L' fails first time with modular SCSI drivers

Tim Waugh twaugh@redhat.com
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 14:40:24 +0000

--gdTfX7fkYsEEjebm

On Linux, when the SCSI drivers are compiled modular, 'scanimage -L'
fails unless they modules are loaded.

After running it once (and it fails), the drivers appear to have been
automatically loaded (by an open("/dev/sg0") I think), and so a
subsequent 'scanimage -L' works.

[root@cyberelk root]# scanimage -L

No scanners were identified. If you were expecting something
different,
[root@cyberelk root]# scanimage -L
device `hp:/dev/sg0' is a Hewlett-Packard C5110A flatbed scanner

Curiously enough, if I create a link /dev/scanner -> sg0, I don't see
this behaviour and the first 'scanimage -L' succeeds.

I'm trying this with SANE 1.0.7.

Tim.
*/

--gdTfX7fkYsEEjebm