[sane-devel] tech-kern: Retiring 'ss*' and PINT in favour of SANE

Tue, 19 Feb 2002 18:42:43 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 04:39:50PM -0800, paul beard wrote:
> Thought this might prove interesting: PINT has been officially
> deprecated in favor of SANE, meaning the uk* driver is the
> preferred interface, proposed on Jan 12 2000. No other methods are
> officially supported.

Thanks for the information. Is anything required to change in SANE?
And why are the ss* devices still used in the kernel and detect the
scanner (at least mine)?

The uk devices work on OpenBSD, I haven't tested NetBSD with them.
sane-find-scanner tests for:

"/dev/uk0", "/dev/uk1", "/dev/uk2", "/dev/uk3", "/dev/uk4",
"/dev/uk5", "/dev/uk6", "/dev/ss0"