[sane-devel] FW: Sus3 7.3, Sane 1.05, HP5300C

Douglas Gilbert dgilbert@interlog.com
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 22:20:33 -0500

Art Fore wrote:
> On http://www.neatech.nl/oss/HP5300C/ they talk about a usb-scsi module.

This sounds like an old module name. Two usb module names I
can see are "usb-storage" and "scanner".

> This does not show up in my kernel config, however, I have an hp53xx module.
> There is also mention of a patch for the avision driver. Is this patch still
> applicable or is it by this time already built in?
>
> Should the scsi generic be as a module or compiled into the kernel?

It doesn't matter.

> Should the hp53xx module be compiled into the kernel or as a module?

Don't know.

> Right now I have both compiled into the kernel and the cat /proc/scsi/scsi
> does not work where it worked before and I would like to know what is the
> right way. On one of the web articles, it said the scsi generic should be
> compiled into the kernel, not as a module and the hp53xx should be as a
> module, but that did not work either?

With regard to SANE_SG_BUFFERSIZE, you can see it
in the lk 2.4 series by doing 'cat /proc/scsi/sg/debug'
while SANE has your scanner's attention. The "bufflen"
and "blen" values are of interest. 32768 is the default
value for the sg driver so setting that size shouldn't
have much impact.Anyway, that value is only fine tuning;
it sounds like you have more serious problems, in which
case SANE_SG_BUFFERSIZE is irrelevant.

Doug Gilbert