[sane-devel] Sane is definately not Scanner Access Now Easy

Art Fore art_fore@3mts.com
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 08:29:56 -0800

No, there is no /.bash_profile file.

Art

-----Original Message-----
From: Ulrich Deiters [mailto:ukd@xenon.pc.Uni-Koeln.DE]
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2002 8:22 AM
To: sane-devel@mostang.com
Subject: [sane-devel] Sane is definately not Scanner Access Now Easy

My man pages say that bash looks for a file ~/.bash_profile to obtain
user-specific variables and settings. Do you have this file?

My own workstation (HP-UX 10.20, with CDE desktop) offers a special trap
for its users: There is a special startup file for the desktop, .dtprofile,
and there is by default an instruction not to read the other profile
files. I do not know if this applies to Linux/KDE, however.

Sincerely yours,

Ulrich Deiters