[sane-devel] Support for Panasonic scanners

Oliver Schirrmeister oschirr@abm.de
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 11:35:36 +0100

<nofill>>On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 09:40:07AM -0800, Joe Hudson wrote:
>>    I'd like to use SANE to work with a Panasonic KV-S2025 but I don't
>> see any support for any Panasonic scanners at all.
>> Does anybody know if they're available under another name or such?
>
>If it's a SCSI or USB scanner, what does sane-find-scanner print?
>
>> If not, does anyone know why there's no support, I mean, it is just
>> that it happens that nobody's gotten around to it yet, or is it
>> because Panasonic won't release specs?
>
>Maybe the problem is that there are not very many of these scanners?
>At least I have didn't even know that there are Panasonic scanners.

It's not easy to get the SCSI specification of the KV-S2025 from Panasonic.
You also have to sign a 'non disclosure'  contract. So you are not allowed to
publish a SANE driver.

Oliver</nofill>