[sane-devel] help with scsi questions??

paul beard paulbeard@mac.com
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 13:33:06 -0800

[sane-devel list cc:ed]

I'm working with the SANE folks to figure out why the scsi scanner
on my 9500's external bus is so flaky. We have worked through some
compiler issues (too much optimization was causing values to get
munged) and some patches to how SANE probes the scanner itself.

The scanner can be identified and almost works: still no image
acquisition and we're seeing some bus resets while scan commands
are being sent, which hoses things up.

Now we're down to this: can anyone clarify?