[sane-devel] 'scanimage -L' fails first time with modular SCSI drivers

Douglas Gilbert dgilbert@interlog.com
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 18:59:23 -0500

Tim Waugh wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 08:05:20PM +0100, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
>

>>I think the analysis of Andras is right.
>>

> Could we add some hook to try to get the modules loaded if
> /proc/scsi/scsi doesn't exist?  Just opening a generic SCSI device is
> enough to load them.This is were the "alias scsi_hostadapter <host_adapter_module>"
in the /etc/modules.conf file comes in useful. If all relevant
drivers are modules, then trying to open /dev/sg0 will cause
the sg driver to be loaded, but first the scsi midlevel needs
to be loaded. If there are no scsi adapter (or pseudo adapter)
drivers loaded then the scsi midlevel will try and load the
"scsi_hostadapter".

Doug Gilbert