[sane-devel] 'scanimage -L' fails first time with modular SCSI drivers

Mon, 25 Feb 2002 22:33:58 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 01:30:32PM +0100, Oliver Rauch wrote:
> Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
>
> > Is anybody against the following patch?
>
> > +  #define FIND_DEVICES_TOUCH_FILE "/dev/sg0"
>

> May be this should be a list:
>
> /dev/sg0, /dev/sga are both relevant for linux,

Are they really relevant any more? Even the oldest box I could find
(SuSE system from 1997, kernel 2.0.3x) had only /dev/sg0...7 and no
/dev/sga etc. I remember that some systems had symlinks sga --> sg0
but how old are the real sga devices? Newer then /proc/scsi/scsi?

> what about /dev/uk0 - are there any modules when uk0 is used?

Aren't those only used on *BSD? As we are talking about kernel modules
and /proc/scsi/scsi this looks pretty Linux-only for me.

But in principle I'm not against using a list.