[sane-devel] (no subject)

Thu, 28 Feb 2002 21:05:40 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 12:01:34PM +0300, Sergey Vlasov wrote:
> A newer development version of the driver program for GT68xx-based
> scanners is available at:
>
>   http://www.mivlgu.murom.ru/~vsu/gt68xx/
>
> In version 0.0.4 support for Mustek ScanExpress 1200 UB Plus was
> added, thanks to Andreas Nowack.  Also several bugs were fixed.

Hey, that's cool.

I tried the Mustek BearPaw 1200 CU:
sane-find-scanner: found USB scanner (vendor = 0x05d8, product = 0x4002) at device /dev/usb/scanner

This is a gt6801-based scanner. I had to get the firmware from the
Windows scanner driver installation. It's located in
system32/drivers/PS1fw.usb if I remember correctly. I made a link
SBfw.usb --> PS1fw.usb, then the backend found the fw.

The good news is that the backend can communicate with the scanner.
The scanner bar seems to move correctly. I tried several resolutions
and geometries. However, the image is always nearly completely white.
Usually most of it is 255, some point have differnt values.

Please tell me in which data and/or tests you are interested.