[sane-devel] Unable to access minor data

James Leigh crinje@korea.gnu.org
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 09:19:57 +0900

Please help me. I have some trouble configuring USB scanner.

When I did sane-find-scanner, it said to me

scanner.c: open_scanner(0): unable to access minor data

My new kernel includes 'USB Scanner support' with UHCI
(I am currently using kernel version 2.2.20)

% ls /dev/usbscanner0  -l
crw-rw-rw-    1 root     root     180,  48  7¿ù  2 07:38 /dev/usbscanner0

% cat /proc/bus/usb/drivers
         usbdevfs
         hub
         hid
 48- 63: usbscanner

and /proc/bus/usb/devices contains nothing.

Anyone tell me what should I do to use my scanner?
My scanner is Epson Perfection 610 (USB)

Many thanks.

--
Mad, adj.: Affected with a high degree of intellectual independence ... -- Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
James Leigh :
    Mail me to crinje at korea.gnu.org
    Or to crinje at gnu.org
    Visit GNU Korea at http://korea.gnu.org/