[sane-devel] platform independent sanei_usb control messages

Tue, 2 Jul 2002 11:15:22 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 12:31:29AM +0200, Bertrik Sikken wrote:
> I'm not quite sure yet that you really need to be root for libusb access,
> although I found it a lot easier to make it work as root :).

Scanning the busses works as normal user but claiming the interface
probably not.

> Some people who are helping me with the backend sent me some patches
> to make it work with one of the BSDs (patch for uscanner).

Is this for control messages? Because bulk transfers should work with
the current sanei_usb.

> Probably others have made similar patches too.
> If we agree on a standard, it shouldn't be too hard to write the BSD part
> of sanei_usb I think.

I will have a look at the control message function. From first sight,
it looks rather generic.