[sane-devel] New program for generating HTML lists from backend description files

Sun, 7 Jul 2002 19:31:06 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, Jul 07, 2002 at 11:45:37AM -0500, Frank Zago wrote:
> Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >New example HTML pages:
> >http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/tmp/sane-backends-4.html
> >http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/tmp/sane-backends-mfg-4.html
>
> Some small problems:
>  - since the ":new" status has disappeared, the help string at the bottom
>  of the  mfg page should too.

I haven't updated the legends yet. However, NEW! hasn't disapeared, it can
be set by ":new :yes". Example (just for demonstration): the mustek
backend on the above mentioned pages). So the NEW! stays at the
backend level, while the other status show up at the model level.

I will update the legends.

>  - link to benq is incorrect because in the .desc file it is not preceded
>  by "http://"

I think I will make a list of all such problems...

> And some .desc problems:
>  - there is a manufacturer called Genius and one called KYE-Genius, which
>  is the same. Ditto for Vobis and Vobis/Highscreen.

Fujitsu, Fujitsu Computer Products of America
Hewlett-Packard, HP

>  - microtek has 2 identical links (http://www.microtek.com). That might
>  come from the merge of the microtek and microtek2 backends. Same for mustek.

Also primax

Identical links are automatically filtered. They are not identical
(one more "/" at the end). Best ficxed by adding the slash to evry URL.