[sane-devel] A3 Supported Scanners

John Richard Smith BAGSOFCHOICE@oldtolley.fsnet.co.uk
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 19:20:28 +0100

Thanks for your replys.
I have now had some time to investigate the suggestions.

Mustek Paragon  Pro.A3       36bit
optical resolution 600x1200
price US $699

Mustek ScanExpress A3 USB,   48bit   CIS scanner
optical resolution 300x600 dpi
Price is affordable, around £115 sterling

UMAX PowerLook 2100XL.A3,    42bit BET Col,14Grey
optical resolution 800x1600ppi
mirror moving texhnology ?
connection unknown, pp or usb.
price as yet unknown,perhaps 700 Euro

The umax looks to be the technically superior machine,
however it and the Paragon Pro look too expensive.

The question is , would the Mustek A3 USB be well
supported and is the resolution  of 300x600 not
a little low . On the otherhand I am thinking,
if the machine is scanning A3 size images the
files must end up in .pnm file format awfully large.
So perhaps there are practicle limits as to the
resolution scale in A3. A comment from someone with
experience might be appropriate .

Thanks,
John