[sane-devel] New program for generating HTML lists from backend description files

Fri, 12 Jul 2002 22:46:52 +0200

Hi,

ok the latest version of sane-desc.c has just been commited to SANE CVS.

Here is the output:

http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/tmp/sane-backends-split-8.html
http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/tmp/sane-backends-8.html
http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/tmp/sane-backends-mfgs-8.html

The obvoius change is the addition of a new mode: Sorted by backend
with one table per backend (html-backends-split).

For testing the features, have a look at the aaa backend/manufacturer
(not, that one is not in CVS :-)

On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 12:02:44AM +0200, Oliver Schwartz wrote:
> However, adding a :comment at top level (i.e. comment on backend) won't
> produce any output in either HTML file.

The new mode allows to print the backend's comment. Also, more than
one backend URL is printed, if available.

See aaa backend.

> Another feature request: Some manufactures change their name rather ofter or
> get bought by other manufacturers (e.g. Vuego becomes Acer, Acer becomes
> Benq). My idea was to supply an entry
>
> :manufacturer "Acer"
> :comment "See Benq"
>
> without any scanner models following.

Possible in the manufacturers view now. I have decided to avoit it in
the backends view because that makes lots of trouble with the links.
And with manufacturers like HP it's not that obvious at which backend
to look.

See aaabbb manufacturer.