[sane-devel] HP 7450c with Avision backend on Solaris

Rene Rebe rene.rebe@gmx.net
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 16:11:15 +0200 (CEST)

Hi.

Could the HP scanner people please Cc: me if they send bug-reports? It
was pure luch that I open sane folder today ...

On: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 15:29:15 +0200,
    Laszlo Fodor <Laszlo.Fodor@sun.com> wrote:
> hi,
> now with attachments :)

;-)

> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to set up an HP 7450c scanner on
> my Solaris 8 box using the sgen (generic SCSI driver)
> for Solaris.
>
> I can drive the scanner with the avision backend and
> it seems to work, but the colors are terrible.
>
> I've attached a small JPG file, it was scanned at 100dpi,
> with 50% brightness, 50% contrast, gamma correction 8.

What does happen with brightness=0, contrast=0 and gamma=0 ? (The
normal defaults) ...

> The result is... well....

Yes. It is as light as I expect it with these settings ...

> And this is one the best... I tried it really hard.
> I can change the resoultion, but the colors.

Hm? What does happen when you change the resolution?

> Of course it works with Windows.

Yes. Well - if either HP or Avision would send some new specs over (I
ask since two years now ...) the new scanners would have been working
perfectly. But currently I have to hand-tune the code (by interpreting
a windows USB-snoop) for each new scanner.

> I've generated a log by setting SANE-DEBUG-AVISON to 5.
> I've also attached the JPG image.

Most people on the list might not be happy to get images. However feel
free to send my ohter examples scans to my private address.

Also A windows log using USB-snoop from sourceforge might help.

> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Laszlo

k33p h4ck1n6