[sane-devel] IBM ADF Scanner

gboutwel gboutwel@praize.com
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 10:16:20 -0600

henning@meier-geinitz.de wrote:

>On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 06:27:34PM -0600, gboutwel wrote:
>>   I have an IBM ADF Scanner.  The drivers I have for it are
for
>> Win 3.11, they worked under Win95, but I haven't gotten the
scanner
>> to work at all (or drivers for it) for Windows NT/2k.  So
I thought
>> maybe I could get it working under linux.
>
>What's the name of the scanner? Is it really called just "ADF
scanner"?

Pretty much.  It was like the only one they did like this.  There's
a model number, but I'm at work right now and can't look at the
device to get it for you.

>>   It doesn't appear to have an SANE backend for it.  IBM's
web-site
>> for this scanner (yes it's still available... just go to support
>> & downloads and search for IBM ADF Scanner) says that it's
compatible
>> with an HP ScanJet IIcx, that does have an SANE backend for
it.

>If it's compatible, I guess it should work out of the box.
>
>There is a SANE IBM backend but it doesn't seem to support your
>scanner. It maybe worth a try:
>
>http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/ibm-backend/

Yeah.  I noticed it didn't list this device as supported.  I'll
give both or them a try ASAP.  The reason I mentioned/asked about
HP ScanJet IIcx compability is I wasn't able to get that to work
under Windows NT/2k.  So I question the compatibility, but it
is said to exist (according to the on-line docs).

George

Praize Clubs @ Create a Christian Club Today!
http://www.praize.com/cgi-bin/members/clubdirectory.cgi