[sane-devel] HP 7450c with Avision backend on Solaris

Rene Rebe rene.rebe@gmx.net
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 21:04:36 +0200 (CEST)

On: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 18:27:39 +0200,
    Bertrik Sikken <bertrik@zonnet.nl> wrote:
> Laszlo Fodor wrote:
[...]
> I don't know anything about the Avision backend, but
> the image you get seems plausible with a gamma of 8.
>
> What happens if you scan at 100% brightness, 100% contrast
> and a gamma of 1?

Thanks for your idea. But this way you get a nearly white image, for a
normal scan the brightness and contrast sliders have to be in the
"Zero -> 0" position.

But might latest test code works just nicely for him:

> Subject: Re: [sane-devel] HP 7450c with Avision backend on Solaris
> From: Laszlo Fodor <Laszlo.Fodor@sun.com>
> To: Rene Rebe <rene.rebe@gmx.net>
> Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 18:17:23 +0200
>
> Hi,
>
> This version works fine! Thanks for warning me to use the latest
> version... :)
>
> Attached the latest scanned picture (0% brightness and 0% contrast)
> The logfile is also attached.
>
> Thanks again.

k33p h4ck1n6 -- René

--