[sane-devel] re:re: Problem with Acer 640UT, worked before

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 17:36:12 +0200

Hi,

> I was going to run scanimage in gdb, but to do that I thought I should
> compile it with debug info. I compiled it, and replaced the mandrake cooker
> 1.0.8 binaries, and ... it worked. Dont know why, or why the mandrake
> binaries did not work for me, but now it is ok!

Hm, too bad - no bug to fix ...

But seriosly: I took a thorough look at the involved code again and couldn't
find any obvious reason why it should cause a segementation fault. However,
since I don't think Mandrake made any changes to the code, there may still be
a problem somewhere.

If you ever go back to the original Mandrake version I'd be interested in the
gdb trace. There's a good chance that Mandrake also compiled with debug info.
Even if gdb is unable to locate the original source code it should still tell
you the file and line number where the crash occured.

Regards,

Oliver