[sane-devel] scanimage fails to scan 16 bit gray image from epson 2450

24 Jul 2002 16:20:58 +0100

hi,

I'm trying to scan 16 bit gray images using scanimage with my epson 2450
but all I get out of it is a a page of snow with the hint of a pattern
in it.

This is my command line:

 scanimage -d epson:/dev/usbscanner0 --focus-position 'Focus 2.5mm above
glass' --source 'Transparency Unit' --film-type 'Negative Film'
--brightness 0 -x 26mm -y 38mm -l 7mm -t 40.5mm --resolution 300 --mode
Gray --depth 16 --format tiff > bw07.tiff

you can see the image here (it looks the same as a tiff as it does as a
jpeg)

http://www.robsroom.fsnet.co.uk/temp/gray16.jpeg

however scaning with xsane (with I believe the same options) everything
works so I imagine it is a bug in scanimage.

(every thing works in scanimage for 8 bit Gray and 16 bit Colour as far
as I've tested)

sane-backends 1.0.8
on debian sid

thanks for your help