[sane-devel] General sane problem.

Peter Kirchgessner peter@kirchgessner.net
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 06:50:54 +0200

Hi,

have a look at /usr/local/etc/sane.d/dll.conf. Make sure that it keeps a
line that says

hp

The file may also be located at /etc/sane.d
Then have a look at the file (/usr/local)/etc/sane.d/hp.conf.
Usually the line "scsi HP" should do the work to find the scanner. But
you can also add another line that says

/dev/sg2

Then check if the permissions for /dev/sg2 are properly set. If you
don't care about permissions, you can do as root a

chmod 666 /dev/sg2

And you can try to start

xscanimage -d hp:/dev/sg2

Good luck