[sane-devel] Mustek 600 II CD, don't understand how to configure it correctly

drfazor drfazor@free.fr
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 21:21:18 +0200

Hello everybody,

I just have a scanner from a friend and I want to configure it under my
computer.I've installed it under this fuckin' windows98 without any problem.

My configuration is :

PII 350
256 Mo ram pc100
Graphics: 3D prophet II MX PCI
Network: Realtek Semiconductor RTL-8139 PCI
...and Linux Mandrake 8.1 (kernel 2.4.8)

about Scanner:
Mustek 600 II CD with 3151P scsi cards (on ISA port ...it was include with)

For this moment, i've installed mdk rpms (front-end & back-end).

When I tape

[root@drfazor drfazor]# sane-find-scanner
# Note that sane-find-scanner will find any scanner that is connected
# to a SCSI bus.  It will even find scanners that are not supported
# at all by SANE. It won't find a scanner that is connected to a
# parallel, USB or other non-SCSI port.

# If your scanner uses SCSI, you must have a driver for your SCSI
# adaptor and support for SCSI Generic (sg) in your Operating System
# in order for the scanner to be used with SANE. If your scanner is
# NOT listed above, check that you have installed the drivers.

[root@drfazor drfazor]#

With a sane-find-scanner -v, it failed to open all the device.After research
in /dev this output don't exist.

How can I do for create one and link it to my scanner?

Thanks a lot for your help.

				Dr Fazor