Error in plustek backend (was: Re: [sane-devel] Umax 3400)

Carsten Neumann deltor@snafu.de
Sat, 22 Jun 2002 20:23:10 +0200

Thanks Gerhard.

I once tried - just a few days after 1.0.8 was released - to play around with some register values
of the UMAX 3400 in the plustek-devs.c file, but without success.

Now I put some debug-printfs into sanei_lm983x_write() and sanei_lm983x_read() and found a bug in
the plustek backend: certain values in per-model settings (HWDef structure) are ignored.
I.e.: for the UMAX 3400 the values of registers 0x56 and 0x57 are both 5 but written are 0x40 and
0x14 respectively.
I don't know if other values of the HWDef structure are also ignored.

Kind regards

	Carsten