[sane-devel] How can I check for libieee1284 present?

Matthew Duggan stauff@guarana.org
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 22:23:16 +1000

Hi,

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but I assume you're trying to compile
the canon_pp backend, since it's the only one that uses that library.
The configure script in sane-backends should check if you have
libieee1284 >= 0.1.5 (the required version), and enable or disable the
backend from there.

If you're _not_ using the canon_pp backend, don't worry about it.  You
don't need the library for anything else.

If you want to check what version of libieee1284 is present that's a bit
harder, but if you find the .so file (in /usr/local/lib by default),
version  0.1.5 and above will be libieee1284.so.3*.

- Matthew Duggan
http://canon-fb330p.sourceforge.net/